“Firmitas, Utilitas et Venustas”
Strength, Utility and Beauty
Elegant Places was established in September 2011. I've a passion for a style that is uniquely Cape. These establishments unique to this part of the world have been taken care of, with attention to detail, to be restored to their former glory.
They best reflect an old age past brought up to modern times. The white-washed exterior & thatched buildings are reminiscent of the Cape of Good Hope, established in 1652 & still true to this day.
Once inside you'll be amazed by the interiors that optimise comfort & luxury with modern fabrics & fine finishes, where time simply stands still.
- Accommodation bookings (directly with the establishments)
- Online bookings (should you prefer)
- Tours and personalised travel for sight-seeing
- Wine estate visits
- Wedding venues & various arrangements for guests
- Conference arrangements for delegates outside of the event
- Restaurant recommendations
- Lifestyle events
The 'hidden meaning' behind the logo created:
- The use of the circle: Circles, ovals and ellipses tend to project a positive emotional message. Using a circle in a logo can suggest community, friendship, love, relationships and unity. Rings have an implication of marriage and partnership, suggesting stability and endurance. Curves on any sort tend to be viewed as feminine in nature.
- The symbol in the middle is a combination of your E & P. The design of the letters was created to look like a ribbon that ties together a gift. The idea is that Elegant Places service provides a fully tailored package in a way that the client feels like they are receiving a gift.
- The font used was to balance out the felinity of the rest of the design to include all portions of the target market. The simplicity is to enhance the visual of the "EP" in the centre of the design.